As more and more shippers look to concentrate on their core businesses and eliminate the liability that comes with fleet ownership, one popular solution has become outsourcing transportation functions through a dedicated contract with a carrier. Cowan Systems offers dedicated fleet services which provide a customized transportation package designed to meet the specific needs of the shipper, such as specialized equipment, strict timetables and custom reporting.
A Cowan dedicated contract can be predicated on one of two variables: (1) dedicated volume (in which a commitment is given to handle specific volumes of business); (2) or a specific number of drivers, tractors and trailers provided on a cost-plus basis.
Dedicated fleet services can provide:
- Fixed pricing and long-term contracts to provide cost control
- Carrier management based at shipper’s location
- Backhaul programs that share revenue with the shipper
- Drivers dedicated to the specific needs of the shipper and its customer(s)
- New equipment with state-of-the-art onboard communications
- Backup from the regional truckload fleet for peak shipping periods
- Regular customized reporting